Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Germany



Germany, it is a beautiful place in the autumn when the trees change colour and some of the villages I visited and stayed are the cutest towns I have ever seen. I am not kidding when I say that some of them looked like a fairytale belonged to them, it was magic.

But I really learnt a lot about communication, the language barrier as I continuously found out was always interesting and often frustrating. But seriously of the languages to know, english is the best, Im not sure how or why it happened, but its the international language to learn, which means a lot of poeple speak at least a bit, which is fantastically helpful.

I am not sure what I expected when I booked my tickets, to be honest I just made what I was going to do up as I went along, which was actually really fun. And although my travels in europe where a little different than I thought they would be they were great all the same. And I have learnt ( for future travels ) the value of money corresponding to how much it lets you do over here ( grrr stupid euro being so stroong). But I think perhaps more importantly I learnt to enjoy the moment I am living in, I think to often people, myself very much included in this statement, are to much looking forward to the future, or maybe pining for what they cannot do that they simply forget to enjoy the present moment they have been gifted with.

So any how enough about my philosophy's in life what did I do in Germany? I did the best thing ever! I caught up with friends who I had not seen in long time. Sara and Susi lived with my family for 6 months a few years ago and I got to spend some time with each of them which was awesome. And also my school friend Valerie, who was an exchange student, and it was very cool seeing her again as well. So that is what I did in Germany, I hung out with my friends, did some touristy stuff, but pretty much just chilled out.

1 comment:

  1. As a native English speaker I would Esperanto as the future global language:)

    Communication should be for everyone, not just for an educational or political elite; that is how English is used at the moment.

    Your readers may be interested in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2LPVcsL2k0 Dr Kvasnak teaches English at Florida Atlantic University.

    A glimpse of Esperanto can be seen at http://www.lernu.net

    ReplyDelete